Locals Only Playlist: January 15 with Motopony
This week on Locals Only we experienced Motopony. After nearly a year of rumors that the band was no more, front man Daniel Blue recently announced that he had put together a new band and Motopony would continue. Oh my, do they sound good.
The first hour of Locals Only this week was full of throwbacks from some of our favorite local bands like Fresh Espresso, The Tea Cozies, Throw Me The Statue, and more.
The second hour was all things Motopony. We talked about their show at the Triple Door this Thursday night (1/19) as well as their coming trip to Doe Bay next month for MAI Fest.
The high point of the show was easily when the band played stripped down versions of two brand new Motopony songs. If you weren't listening, you missed a real treat.
Keep an eye on Motopony this year because they have lots of exciting stuff in the pipeline that you won't want to miss. Be sure to get your tickets to their show at the Triple Door this week. Proceeds benefit Cycle For Survival - Rare Cancer Research.
Here is the rest of our playlist from Locals Only last Sunday:
- The Helio Sequence - Harmonica Song
- The Cave Singers - Swim Club
- Tea Cozies - Muchos Dracula
- Throw Me The Statue - Hi-Fi Goon
- Fresh Espresso - The Lazerbeams
- The Young Evils - Dead Animals
- River Giant - Taylor Mountain
- Hot Bodies In Motion - Old Habits
- The Moondoggies - Changing
- Modest Mouse - Paper This Walls
- Tennis Pro - Rock Over Tokyo
- Rose Windows - Wartime Lovers
- Vendetta Red - Shatterday
- Kithkin - Sorcerer
- Motopony - 1971
- Motopony - Flower Children (Live in studio)
- Motopony - When We Were Young (Live in studio)
- Lonely Mountain Lovers - Dirt
- Constant Lovers - Mush Teeth
- Motopony - Seer
- Lisa Prank - Let Me Write Yer Lines